Lidl would like to develop a new store on the site, which will feature a high-quality design, including an attractive glazed frontage. Access will be provided from a new access road off Peterborough Road (B1524) to the south of the site.
The new Lidl store will have a sales area of 1,414 sq.m, which will provide Lidl’s full range of award-winning, great value products and include a customer toilet and a dedicated bakery. In total, 129 parking spaces will be provided, with six disabled parking bays, nine parent & child spaces and two rapid electric vehicle (EV) charging spaces.
Safe and secure covered bicycle parking will also be provided close to the store entrance.
The proposal also includes roof mounted solar panels, which will contribute towards the store’s energy needs.
The store would typically receive a maximum of two deliveries per day. All store waste will be stored internally within the warehouse area and will be collected by the delivery vehicle, minimising HGV movements within the site and surrounding area.
(click the image for a larger view)
It is proposed the the Lidl foodstore will be open from:
- 8am to 10pm Monday to Saturdays (including Bank Holidays); and
- 10am to 4pm Sundays.
Benefits of the Proposed Development
The new Lidl store will deliver the following benefits to the local area:
- A store that will provide a clean and new shopping experience to meet the needs of customers.
- A dedicated in-store bakery and a commitment to providing food from sustainable sources.
- Improved shopping choice and provision of a new mainstream discount foodstore.
- A high-quality building design that will complement the surrounding area.
- Rapid electric vehicle charging points.
- Solar panels to provide a sustainable source of energy for the store.
- Up to 40 new jobs for local people in accordance with the Living Wage Foundation rate for all eligible employees and no zero hours contracts.
- Soft landscaping throughout the site.